Total Pageviews

Friday, July 16, 2010

My story

It was a typical Wednesday morning, I went to school and my first block class aerobics(we go in the pool on wednesdays) My friends and I were waiting for class to start, then my friend mentions that her period had started and the whole group jumped into the conversation. except me. I told them that I never had a period before and they just looked at me stunned, saying "WHAT?" and "WHY?"
I could not answer their questions.
That day I got very concered and told my dad to call the doctor (Very awkard! haha but, he's my dad!!!)
The next day I went to the doctor and they sent me to the lab to get blood work done. A few days later the results were in....They said that my ovaries were not working properly and that I would have to go to a Gynecologist where they did MORE blood work.
A month went by without no answers, so I thought that everything was normal and they had nothing to call me about.
One day I was at the mall with my friend and her cousin when I get a call from my dad telling me that I had to go back to Dr. Terrell's office to get my results.
When that day came I got to leave school a little early and After waiting an hour!!! I finally got to go back. The nurse took me into this lavender purple room where I waited another 10-15 minutes until Dr.Terrell came in and said "Well...we did blood work on you," I was really nervous at this point. "And it looks like you have this thing called Turner syndrome."
he tells me about it and he health risks and what I might have to do, but one thing he said really struck me that it would be difficult for me to h children in the future. I was trying so...rd not to cry.
But,as of right now....Im healthy and im living a happy and normal life and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment